Tuesday, June 13, 2006

That old chestnut




We are all obsessed with it.

If its cold, we want sun, it if it rains we want it to fall straight down with no wind, if it is sunny, it's too hot.

I can shake my head in amazement.

But what amazes me even more: employees over in the Met office and other weather offices around the country. WHY oh why would you blurt out about giant massive life threatening storms about to hit the capital? At a specific time like 4pm. When it would rain for an hour, heavily, flooding areas.

Do you know something we don't, i.e. plugged into Mother Nature's brain/God's brain (choose whichever you prefer and delete the other one) and if you do, they quite obviously lied to you, didn't they? I am still waiting for our massive storms, of thunder and lightning, of destructive hail stones. And funnily, I could get home this evening as no storms occurred to interrupt the journey.

Ah yes, done it now, haven't I? Tempted fate and no doubt a storm that would make the special effects in The Day After Tomorrow look like the effects used in SupermanII, will hit, destroying the planet.

No comments: