Monday, August 07, 2006

Hotter than hell...


Hee haw.

As FG said we went to the Chilli Fiesta on Sunday.

I always thought that I was quite tempered to the stuff because of FG's obsession with the hot stuff. So, when I saw a little bottle labelled "Hotter than Hell" I didn't think twice and thought, hey, it couldn't be hotter than some of the chilli I had made for the boys before. So I grabbed a piece of broken cracker, dipped it and stuck in my mouth.

Picant. Nice. I told Chilli Pepper Pete this. He looked at me with awe bordering on worshipping at my feet when I said nonchalantly "Yeah, this really tastes nice. A bit hotter than the chilli I had made last night. Very nice." And then I turned away to dip some other crackers in the other little bowls and it was after I dipped it in the mango chilli chutney that it all collided together and from one step to the other, I was covered in sweat. I lost my sight, my voice and I literally swayed in pain. FG stood next to me, grabbed my shoulder as I ineffectually dabbed at my forehead with a tissue. It was insane. I didn't learn my lesson though - the rest of the day continued and I tasted as many of the chilli samples as I could. It was grande.

Needless to say, this morning the omelettes tasted very bland. Not because they were, they were gorgeous...it was just the fact that my tongue currently is slightly red, slightly inflamed and not tasting things very well. So, to remedy this, FG scooped a tiny tiny bit of the Hotter than Hell paste from the bottle he bought from Pete and I took a good old lick of it. Needless to say, the lurking sniffles I had of a bit a summer cold coming on has completely diappeared, thinking that I am much too hard to inflict itself upon me. I still can't taste much...FG did however make exceedingly spicy risotto, so I did manage to taste that.

I do however sound a bit like Marlon Brando though, much to the amusement of my team in the Hell Dimension at work today.

Bring on Chilli Fiesta 2007!!!!

No comments: