Saturday, July 14, 2007

To old/new friends and new experiences


We met up with an old friend which we managed to lose contact with about three years ago for various reasons. She is in a new relationship and is absolutely sparkling and the new boyfriend is a sweetie. Well done Kaz - we are proud of you!



We decided to meet up an hour before a talk we were all going to attend at the Spread Eagle pub in Croydon (a redeeming feature, I may add for this town). The talk was held by the SPI and this is the link to what the talk was all about - http://www.croydononline.org/whats_happening/tmshow.asp?wtid=63200763111 - initially I thought it was going to be pants, but looking at the varied selection of people who attended the talk, I stuffed my prejudice in my pocket and sat down to listen. And it was really quite interesting and very good. The chap who presented the talk, Malcolm Robinson did a good job in introducing what they did - i.e. investigate ghost sightings and paranormal investigations, alongside UFO sightings. I wasn't particularly interested in the UFO stuff, but listening to the first half of his chat about the paranormal and ghosts, naturally worked up my imagination and so out came the notebook and several ideas were jotted down surrounding a young paranormal investigator who gets into a world of trouble.



I shared my obsessive note=making with Kaz and new bf, Nick (whilst the Gecko nodded sagely, knowing that he would be able to crip ideas off me for writing and gaming sessions too) and we were all saying how the muse seems to strike at the strangest times. I was gratified to learn that Nick did the same thing with movies and books that he read - as does Mark. It's sort of: money begets money...only in this instance: imagination begets muse fodder which begets snippets of interesting writing and ideas.

Hmmmm. And knowing my mind, I HAVE TO write these down because they will flit away to someone else if I don't scribble it down. I've decided to make a notebook full of ideas = paste scraps of paper in there with my thoughts and ideas - the heavens know I've got enough random journals lying about with storylines half-worked on in them, rearing to be told at some stage.



So, the next talk being held at the Spread Eagle in Croydon is the 4th of August but I don't think we'll be there - think its the chili festival then? But yes, interesting stuff, glad I went, even if you take it all with a pinch of salt, especially the UFO stuff. Ghosts and poltergeists I am happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, having seen and experienced some pretty weird stuff myself, but UFO's and abductions....not quite sure.





No comments: