Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Some useful writing links

I feel guilty.

I haven't blogged in AGES. And Ages.

Things at work have been slow, and that inlcudes the internet so no blogging cos of that and in the evenings at home, it is just tooooo comfortable to curl up on the couch to read or watch telly.

So, I have decided to update my blog with my favourite passtime - links on writing resources as I know loads out there are always searching for them.

The first batch of links are from my most recent book on fantasy writing, but these are quite good pointers, character generation, plot, etc.

www.writerswrite.com

www.absolutewrite.com/novels

www.fictionfactor.com/articles.html

www.babynamer.com (character names are always a Duzi!)

www.sfwa.org

www.hobgoblin.net/resources/createlinkl.asp

I have tried some and they work.

Gotta dash to go and have some food!

2 comments:

Cheezy said...

Hey, don't feel bad about neglecting your blog. Instead, why not join me in feeling bad for those poor souls who seem to do nothing but blog???

I've seen some people's blog, in which they appear to detail everything that happens to them (e.g. 6.14am: Got up... 6.23am: Ate some cornflakes... 6.41am: Scratched bum...) and I wonder what the rest of their life must be like... pretty 'sparse' is my guess...

Still, if it's all just meant for themselves, as a kind of 'online diary', then fair enough, I suppose. But if not, I think they should be adhering to Hemingway's timeless advice - He said that you shouldn't start writing until you actually have something to say. They're wise words. I try to adhere to them on my blog (although I'm aware that sometimes ego gets the better of me and I crap on and on...)

Liz said...

Grin - so glad to see we are all normal. I am still not used to the idea of having a platform to voice my opinion.

Mostly poor Fat Gecko and my friend Nic from work gets to hear my insane rantings - and trust me, if our IT department actually read the emails that fly to and from Nic and myself, they would be ringing the cops/loonybin people faster than you can say "stop the voices."

But yes, will try and get into the habit of posting more "stuff" - NOT about scratching my bum...but about these trolls that get on at Lower Sydenham each morning...