Friday, November 25, 2005

Friday afternoon doldrums




OmG, how boring is this afternoon. Most of the team are in but there is little enough work to do (no one seems keen to do anything, either, big surprise there).

Maybe 80% of the people in the office are out – it is Friday, after all. I can barely keep my eyes open – the only reason I am not falling asleep is cos of my sore head.

I discovered that I have a soundcard attached to my computer. So, for about five minutes I was wild and reckless and listened to Virgin Radio turned just high enough in volume for a human to hear. Then I felt guilty and paranoid and turned it off again, for fear of prosecution by the dreaded IT Big Brother.

Woe.

Two hours to go.

Tick tock tick tock.

1 comment:

Mark said...

At least you have the option.. the most noise I can dredge from my PC is an anaemic "VEEEEK" when my forehead is pressing on more than 4 keys simultaneously.