Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Just a little crazy




Okay, so it is official.

I am losing my mind.

Here’s why….

It started innocently enough. Monday I toddled off to Waterstones. I bought two new books. I was really excited because the first book was the conclusion of a trilogy which we have been waiting for to come out here in the UK. The second book was one which I knew I owned previously but after a cursory glance (i.e. remove the first row of books to check out the second hidden row of books behind the first row) I concluded that I no longer owned this book and was quite happy to buy another copy.

I got home, clutching my treasures, crowing with joy. FG cast me a blank look after I showed off my shiny new books.

I quote the dialogue:-

Him: "Why did you buy that book?"
Me: "Cos I wanted to read it again."
Him: "But we have a copy."
Me: "No, we don't. I did look."
Him: "Yes we do."

He disappears around the corner corner into the lounge and appears instantly holding the older, grubbier version of my newly bought book. I shut my mouth and quietly put the new one back into the Waterstones packet.

Yesterday I go to return the book and snatch up the new Neil Gaiman book. Or so I thought. I got home and yet another blank look from FG.

“What?” I demand, irritated.
“You bought the wrong book,” he says, keeping calm, but grinning.
“Don’t be stupid.”
“No, seriously. This is American Gods. I thought you were buying Anansi Boys.”
And I go : “Oh shyte.”

I refuse to go back to Waterstones today. I am obviously mentally defunct this week.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Mwaahahaaa

Next week, I will increase the dosage to 200mg....