Monday, February 06, 2006

Birthday Me!

Wow - what a lovely weekend.

I turned 33 yesterday but decided that Sundays are invariably days of rest for friends, that we should meet up in town on Saturday for a gorgeous meal and some nattering.

I chose Browns for the lunch - dependable food, good service and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. There was ten of us and it was lovely to see all my friends there. I was spoilt rotten, with presents galore! We stayed there till about four and eventually, reluctantly left, and made our various ways home, or to go walkabout town.

Breakdown of presents:

1 x New Queen Madge CD
1 x Milla CD
2 x Guitar books
1 x new novel set in Rome
1 x beautiful miniature zen meditation garden
2 x pairs of Socks (I genuinely asked for these!)
1 x Hero dvd
1 x very lovely new expensive earphones for my MP3 player
1 x esoteric book!
1 x huge, divine hand poured scented candle


= good pressie hoard!

The grande day itself was a relaxing one - FG and I had a lazy breakfast, we mooched about the house, decided to go for a walk and ended up in Beckenham where we had coffee and a hot chocolate at Costa Coffee - even the howler monkeys in the form of babies and kids, didn't worry us much. We got home, read a bit, watched the rugby - Scotland pounded France, go the tartan army! - and dozed and well, it was a genuinely lazy day where I got all the tea I wanted, I even got some popcorn! All in all it was a grown up, lazy birthday without having to rush around like crazy people to make sure everyone visiting has been fed etc.

Thanks for everyone joining me on Saturday and thanks for all my text messages yesterday! I am sure everyone in Costa Coffee thought I was a social butterfly, inbetween sipping hot chocolate, writing in my journal and texting, I looked quite the important one!

I am off work today - for a change - and am looking forward to sitting down in about an hour and working on my novel till FG comes home. I did my first bout of home shopping today too with Tesco and feel quite the techno wiz! Here's hoping they can deliver the 17 items I bought...

Will post back on that on Wednesday evening when it gets delivered!

2 comments:

surly girl said...

happy birthday! i am 33 next month and am feeling very glum indeed about it....

Liz said...

Hi SG

I know, my birthday last year was dreadful, I hate it in general but prepared myself thoroughly this year...not cos I hate getting old, I just miss my mom tremendously!