Friday, September 01, 2006

Two more sleeps!


...and my sister Elize arrives from SA.

I am so excited I can hardly sit still. The house is almost immaculate. We only have to sort out the bedroom, tidy away clean washing and hang up some suits and voila! we have a home that is habitable.

I haven't seen her or anyone from my family in almost five years - a long, long old time, isn't it? If only South African Airways could fly more flights for cheaper there, it would be fab. But at anything from £500 upwards for a single ticket it has become a bit of a joke.

But hey, E will be here for a full week - admittedly I will only see her for part of that, as she will be going to a boring medical conference of some sort up in the wilds of Bedfordshire and all I can think of is: what will I feed her? The last time I had to cook for her I made tuna toasties, which at that time, had been the FULL extent of my repertoire. Thank heavens it has increased dramatically since then.

A girl can only live on tuna toasties that long!

So - two more sleeps. Up incredibly early on Sunday morning for the drive through to Heathrow - perfect day for travelling through town = not only is it the last leg of the cycling but it is also the Regent Street Festival which means: traffic jams everywhere. So, we are praying to zip there and zip back.

Off I go to check www.deliaonline.co.uk for a nice sumat to make.

Will report back on the deliciousness after the fact.

Well, either that or tell you of the exciting restaurant we opted for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are "tuna toasties"?

Anonymous said...

ENJOY EACH OTHER!!!

Wishing Elize a wonderful visit (and minimal work), and for you, that's it all you dreamed of.

Is that you in the photo by the way?

WWxx

Liz said...

Dear Joe

Tuna and mayonaise toasted sarnies...gorgeous! Or not, if you have had enough of it when growing up.