Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sumat to howl about


Hah - new look for the old site...realised I had the candy coloured look for almost a year and I am being faithful to my own lunacy and have decided to change it...it probably won't stay looking like this for very long either - eventough I love the look of the howling wolf, I am wondering if its me...

Anyway.

So, spent an interesting day mucking around with wireless broadband. Am sitting wireless on the couch in the lounge feeling very Johnny Mnemonic (without the creepy shit in my brain) wondering what tomorrow and the next 2 weeks will hold.

Yep. I am on holiday. As is the Mark. Two weeks. Our first holiday this year. For longer than a day, or two, for that matter.

So, in a stupid fit of insanity and inspired by an author whom I admire, I went and joined this November writing thing called Nanowrimo - National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30. Its international. I have joined the London set. Apparently there is a bit of, you know, prestige to it as there is a thing called Word Wars - yep, country against country and within its counties against counties or states vs states. You get the idea. So exciting and scary. But fun. Nervous giggle.

Yep, I am completely insane, howling mad. But hey, as they say, it will force you to be creative and such like. And, the way I see it, it will help tremendously with just getting thoughts out there - its not quality that counts in this instance, but quality. Hmmm. I know. As a someone who likes writing and writing well enough not to go gagging over a bin at the quality of it, this is going to be tricksy. But fun. More nervous laughter...its been equated to a chess master playing speed chess - it messes you up. Just call me Lizzy Kasparoff.

As for the rest of the holiday planned - not a clue. We will be going to a local Kent brewery though, for a tour and a tasting. Naturally this is for Mark as I can't stand the stuff myself but the way I see it: its an adventure, its local (Faversham) and its relatively cheap at £7! I also want to go to the Tate, British AND London Museum, the movies, walk along the river, maybe Brighton, maybe Cambridge and Oxford again. In fact, just everywhere and anywhere - and read a lot and sleep a lot and write as much as I can. Oh and tinker with the different websites. I even tinkered with My Favourite Books one too - go me!

Will no doubt be around to tell the world of the exciting life and times of Liz, Mark and Sparrow - on holiday.

No comments: