Sunday, April 15, 2007

Early morning walks


...are fantastic!
Sparrow and I saw FG and his cough off to a grading session in Crawley this morning very early - a sin!! - this lovely Sunday morning.
I slapped on some sun cream, dragged on ratty jeans, sandals and set off with the Mutley to our local country park, fully expecting to have it for ourselves. Hah. We were surrounded by blue bells, insane birds and flying things that seemed to have it in for the little dog. And naturally there were other people walking their dogs. I peered at my mobile phone. Yes, that's right, it is just after nine and loads of people are out. Damn.
But, even so, the park was glorious and cool, warming up in the strengthening sun. We walked for over an hour and made our way back home where Sparrow decided to crash on the windowsill, like Amsterdam Puppy, displaying his fat little speckled belly to all the world in the hot sun. I am in the dining room, watching the sun creeping across the back garden - once its reached the cement, I will be dragging out a blankie, some cushions, diet coke, popcorn and a book or two to laze about.
Ah. This is the life.

No comments: