Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Live Journal

I have been tempted and lured away to use Live Journal as a sometimes posting site - they have thriving writer communities, some of which I have subscribed to.
I feel a bit guilty, but reading some of the short stories / assignments that have been posted in the most recent challenge, I feel hugely humbled. These people have genuine talent. It's real and tangible and out there to see. It is a completely different ball game compared to the writing group I belonged to many moons ago on Yahoo. The moderator was a manic depressive and probably a bit unbalanced, using the writing group as a soapbox to air his thoughts of paranoia and general weirdness and his very bad drug induced writings - I escaped and I know some of the others on the site are wishing they could do the same. Life is too short to pander to strange men in NY suffering too many psychoses.
Back to Live Journal: the assignments are good fun to do and act both as prompts as well as cranial exercise. I look forward to my tenure with musemuggers!


No comments: