Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Some good news and some mad news!



Today I attended WW and discovered that I have now lost - wait for it - 17.5lbs. How good is that? I was exceedingly proud of myself. To the extent where I celebrated with a single pack, my first crisp in excess of a month or two now...yes, two months. They were scrummy.

Ontop of the above, the other news is:


No, I haven't suddenly become astonishingly pretty and skinny and moved to the seaside. I've joined Fitness First. I know. I am crazymad. I even got a little backpack and a teeny weeny towel to mop my delicate brow. And my first attendance is tomorrow. Our local FF is however still being built. Which means I get to attend any of the others anywhere in the UK. Naturally it will be either Covent Garden or Charing Cross - and I am a bit excited and hugely worried. What if I fall on my face, break open my teeth and cut my lip and break an arm...whilst trying to use something utterly banal like the sauna or something.

Fat Gecko is inordinately proud of me. Beam. He thinks I've joined because I want to get fit, but it is really because they offer yoga, pilates, salsa, kickboxing and spinning all included in the price - as opposed to paying for each class separately from our local Spa - which, at around £7 a class, turns out to be a shitload of money. So, not only am I a rapidly diminishing Betty, I am a clever Betty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is excellent :-)
I think I speak for everyone when I say we are so proud of you.
I hear Salsa is an excellent way to keep fit.

I have opted for motocross to try and bash my body back into shape.

Anonymous said...

Kudos times three, babe!

But, er: 'spinning'? Wot on earth?!

Wordweaver

Cheezy said...

Nice going Liz, that's a damn good effort. PS: I love your new 'writing kills' gif! Ha!

Liz said...

Hi guys - thanks for the kind words - my first go at gym was fun - I almost turned into a gimpy tyranosaurus Liz - unable to stretch my arms after all the exercise and had to walk around holding them close to my body - like a T=Rex of old. Very funny.

The gym itself is tiny, but I will be attending the Covent Garden one next week as opposed to the Charing Cross one - the tiny one - as they have the studio there to do the yoga and things. Including spinning - as for what spinning is - it is aerobics, cycling and wotnot at a remarkable pace - apparently the weight drops off you. Hmmm. I can see myself falling down dead, hyperventaliting and gasping for my astma pump.

But its a start.