Friday, December 02, 2005

From PA to Rock Star to Creative Genius!


The cat is out the bag.

To prevent any kind of disastrous present buying this Christmas FG and I have decided to swap present ideas.

His list is a lovely one of loads of little things to buy, so it looks promising. I will take a day off to go and do his shopping quite soon. We have decided not to spend loads this Christmas as the sales here are utterly insane and you pick everything up at half price afterwards, or even less.

My list though is a bit of a nightmare. I don’t want anything, really. I have got loads of books which I want to read, there are many more I want to get, but in reality there is no space in the house, I don’t need jewellery as I like the shinies but forget to actually wear them. There will be the invariable bits of smellies from the Body Shop which is always loved and appreciated. But as a present for myself, I didn’t have a clue. So I sat there, looking perplexed.

FG, however, is a considerate bean and knows my little heart and pays attention during the year when I make noises about some treasure or other and he has hit on the idea of buying me a guitar!!! I am so totally over the moon about this. I have roped in advice from everywhere. We are starting our hunt this coming Sunday. And the fantastic thing about the guitar is, I don’t have to spend £300 plus on one (unless I win the lottery this weekend and then the sky is the limit!)

Beaming.

Of course I have these delusions of picking up a guitar and winding it like Slash. Or Hendrix, belting out the Star Spangled Banner like he did that improv at Woodstock back in the day. In reality it will probably be more Phoebe's “Smelly Cat” from Friends. But it is a start. I am not generally a patient person but I can read music (back in my churchgoing days I used to sing in the choir and murder a recorder) so I am hoping that I can remember something at least and I am stubborn.

It is, in all honesty, shaping up to be a promising new year. I have decided to be more creative – not just with my writing but doing craft projects. I have the time, in the evenings and over weekends to do it, it is just the motivation that is lacking now and again.

This year I am planning to complete my novel I started a few months ago. Advice from an author friend in Australasia and Wordweaver ( a multi-talented lady who not only creates magical poetry , but is a singer-songwriter and a fantastic chef!) is to get the story out and on the screen and then worry about everything else after the fact. I think, as it has been shouted at me enough, I am happy to do this.

2006 is going to be a very creative year. So, beware of handmade presents, jams, chutneys, windchimes, bound journals, papier mache “stuff” – as Creative Liz is about to strike!

2 comments:

surly girl said...

hurray for creative! i've been rumbling on about doing some "proper" writing for ages now. once i find the time (presumably when small person is about 18!!) i might just give it a go.....

Cheezy said...

You go. And remember, as far as the pressies go, it's all about the giving. Even if you don't want anything much, don't deny FG the chance to shower you with goodies!