Monday, April 17, 2006

Musical interlude...

I haven't been on e-bay in maybe a year ... or two. As I was a bit bored and sorefinger from plucking the olde guitare stringz (strings restrung on a lighter gauge which makes my lovely Fender sound like...well, honey mixed with smoke) I poodled around the old auction shoppe and found a potential present for FG.

A left hand Stagg Dreadnaught Accoustic. I put in a bid and will know tomorrow if I have won it or not. If I haven't then it isn't too earth shattering as there are others online which are equally nice. Or maybe we just go walk down Denmark Street here in London and see what we can find. The really annoying part is that it looks like he is a natural (insert angry grumbling noises) and easily picked up a few chords on his first try. And he was playing my right hand Fender. And he is a leftie. But I saw the above and showed him and he made the requisite appreciative oohing noises. He is a bit Johnny Cash like that.

Oh and! whilst listening to the uber rock station XFM they advertised a brand new show being held at Wembley Arena.... if you click on the logo, I trust it will take you to the website!

At a tenner for entrance...that genuinely isn't too bad. So Wordweaver...are you up for it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw this. Dunno - as all I'll be able to do is drool and be envious (bit skint at the minute). Will ponder it and let you know, m'dear. If you do go, though, check out the Hamsters, who I see are playing. They lack finesse but are a solid old-school metal rock-type band (I saw 'em once at the Grey Horse in Kingston years ago and nearly lost my eardrums, but they weren't bad).

Are you getting on better with the lighter gauge strings? They probably had you on mediums before...

To work, now, so I can play tomorrow at Sugar Reef!

WW

Liz said...

Sadly we didn't win the auction - which is not too terribly bad as I have discovered that they sell tonnes of these online and in the shops...snigger, snigger...so I can still get the boy a pressie!