Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What is in a name?



What is in a name?

A little while ago I posted a blog about our exciting evening at The Bedford in Clapham and was rewarded with a few emails from Nikki, the leadsinger from Never The Bride. She is a hoot and now we are her dedicated followers and slaves. Hence us trundling off to Bush Hall this Saturday evening for some Rock ‘n Roll and some madness for the soul.

But, got an email from wordweaver today with a link to young Susy Thomas’ website – all the email said was: I see you have been renamed. So I clicked on the link and was transported to Susy’s website – see the link here.

Somewhere along the line, probably through Nikki, she got her hands on the review I did for the blog and my wide range of faithful followers. It is on her news page and I am cited as an independent reviewer...how incredibly posh does that sound? Also, my name isn’t correct but what the living hey, right? It is exposure and she has a link to the old blog up, so that is pretty darn cool.

Along with Nikki we will be seeing Susy and her backing band perform on Saturday. There is also another chap performing but I can’t think right this minute who he is. But, watch this space – hopefully, if all goes well, I will be able to do a review of the gig on Sunday.

Although, it might be unlikely as it is the FG’s birthday. We don’t know how many people might turn out on Sunday...and we aren’t sure what we are going to feed them, but needless to say, there will be a lot of nosh and laziness. Even if it is just the two of us – I can see the slothfulness of lazing on the couch, watching dvd’s and eating lovely food, probably a mean pot o’chilli....hmmmm. Oh, and strumming our guitars...oh, hasn’t he mentioned that he got his birthday present early? A gorgeous rich sounding Tanglewood acoustic guitar...a left handed one!

No comments: