Friday, December 28, 2007

December thoughts



And so Christmas has come and gone in a flurry of good food, visits with friends, cool pressies and very little visits to the shops.


I am genuinely pleased it is over and am looking forward to a skinny frugal year for 2008. I know I've not overdone it, foodwise, these past few weeks, but I've not been to gym as much as I would have liked. This is due to work-commitments, icy cold weather and wotnot - but yes, these are excuses.


I am due to lose a further 2, and at a push, 3 stone this year. I am setting goals and with FG's help, both of us will be slinky. We are very keen. And we are also going to have a helluva lot on our plate next year, with both of us being focussed on work, me on my uni-course, general writing for both of us, going to gym, outdoors excercise and general frugality.


But it is a challenge and we are quite happy to do it. The only things stopping us are ourselves.


I have a nightmare of an assignment to get out for the 3rd of January. I've worked on it today at work for a bit and am convinced I am about 98% there. In fact, I've worked so hard on this thing, that I've gone past caring. I'm going to make sure my "i's" are dotted, it's formatted perfectly and that my appendices are up to scratch. Then I'm going to close my eyes and say "fuckit" and submit it. I've done it three times now. Fourth time lucky, right? Right? Here's hoping for another 75%. In all honesty - on this one - if I pass, I'll be thrilled.

1 comment:

Cheezy said...

Best of luck with that assignment, Liz... and it sounds like you've got 2008 all sorted out too :)