Sunday, June 19, 2005

Summertime!

Holy hell it is hot - yesterday the sun came out in all her close-to solstice glory and baked us to a crisp. It was fantastic as we had nothing to do and the whole day to do it in. We zipped down to the shop and bought some snacks and drinks, got home and Fat Gecko fired up his giant bbq. I roasted myself in the sun for a change, trying to lose my milk-white skin...and I succeeded. Let it be said that today I will be long sleeved shirt when going out in the sunshine.

It was a lazy day. It was a purrrfect cay. I typed up a bit on the laptop until it got so hot I couldn't bare touching the keyboard anymore, along with the screen disappering into a haze of sunlight. Packed that up and settled down to read a bit. It was the ultimate - none of our neighbours were around which makes for an exceedingly quiet day. The radio on Xfm happily threw summer music at us. As usual the bbq came out purrfect as I had the foresight to marry a cullinary bbq master of the fourth degree, at least.

Poor Little White Dog was suffering badly in the heat, he kept glaring at us, as if it was our fault he was hot. He moped around, looking miserable until we flicked him a piece of food from the table, which he gulped.

All three of us passed out on the couches after trying to stay awake watching Re-Animator on dvd.

It was hugely fun!

And today we are planning more of the same, maybe going down to Greenwich to the market to mooch around there for a bit and then heading off to go see the Caped Crusader.

Life couldn't be more purrfect.

No comments: