Thursday, March 30, 2006

I am so excited!


I am on holiday today and tomorrow - as I left work yesterday the strangest feeling came sloughing off me...it was a feeling of sheer reckless abandon. For two whole days I was legitimately able to stay away from work. **titter**

I have tidied the little house - well, as much as I tidy as FG is the true Monica around the place, but, I hasten to add, in a macho non-apron wearing way - and have worked a bit on the old story stored in the new toy.

Oh happy day. I sit here, looking out into the lush green garden and am amazed how life has sprung forth in so few days. Last week this time, our garden looked like shyte. Now it looks like - well shyte - but it has a lot more green in it. We even have new grass coming up in places we thought was arid. Or frozen, at least. Just goes to show what a bit of rain does and a few days of temperatures in double figures.

I am planning a nice dinner tonight - I will amble down to the shop a bit later on to go buy ingredients...I shall visit Delia Online for inspiration. FG jokingly said "roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes and veg" and laughed in a hopeful way. Maybe I do something less time consuming.

And oh! Tomorrow night we are off to our very first musical evening which wordweaver invited us to. It is at a pub in Balham and we are just so genuinely thrilled we are going - it is the first time that they are using this venue and if its a success it will become a regular "thing". It will be an evening of song and music - we will be the appreciative audience. I promise to give it a write up on Sunday once I have recovered from the Con we are going to over in Oxford.

A busy few days but what is genuinely nice is the fact that the weather is warming up. I don't have to stay inside shivering. Instead the pup and I will go walk the park a bit, I think. To get out of the house and experience the incredibly strong wind blowing the winter weather away.

Off I go to do...you know, holiday things.

No comments: