Sunday, March 12, 2006

Not gone!!!



Dear fans

I have not disappeared into the great void of cyberspace like Neo. I have just not had the time to scribble nonsense on here for a while.

Work has been insane the past few weeks. Here's hoping that it calms down a bit. My desk is starting to crack under the weight of the papers and files. Okay, so I am lying, sue me.

We had a glorious day today - we took Sparrow for a run in the large country park we have up the road from us. Man, it was bitterly cold. I took my 35mm camera with me, with the intention of getting some wildlife shots and some new shots of the pup and FG frolicking (snarf) in the undergrowth.

I think I got quite a nice set of pictures. I felt incredibly guilty as I haven't actually had my camera out in over a year. Which is dreadful as I love taking photos. And I have been told that I am good at it...but whenever do we listen to what we are told? I will have the film developed next week after payday and then post some pics on here.

To prove my astounding photographic skills, I include some of them below for your pleasure:



Wistmans Woods on Dartmoor - the most magical place I have been.

Shot of the Nile from our apartment in Luxor

The weather at present is so odd – bitterly cold with these incredibly blue skies and bright sunshine. It fools you into thinking that Spring is on its way and then you get hit by this wind that slices through your coat. Brrr. But, it is Spring Equinox soon! Which means Summer, for what its worth, and that means braais! Oh the excitement and joy.

Dances around for a few moments. Then slumps down, having just expended all the energy in the body.

Okay, enough from me.

Time to pretend to work so that they can pretend to pay me.

1 comment:

Cheezy said...

Wicked photos. Yip, I can see some real talent there!

You're not wrong about the cold. We're really feeling it in our place right now because the girl downstairs moved out last week. Without her boiler on all day it's taking much longer to heat our little place! :-/

Does anyone out there know someone who needs a one-bedroom flat in Balham?