Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Brought low...


Shyte. Is only one of the words I can use to describe how I am currently feeling. Along with that some other terms I can use: raw nosed, bleary eyed, sore throated, painful chest-ted...

Yep, the dreaded lurgy has me in its grips.

For over a year or more, I have managed to stay out of its way. I have had a bit of sniffles, yes, but who hasn't but now, yesterday and today, it decided to pounce on me and pummel me mercilessly into the pavement. Needless to say I spread the germs liberally all over work - not because I wanted to but because no one wanted to send me home. Plus, I entertained clients by sounding like Brian Blessed imitating Vin Diesel.

Plus, I had to come in for my salary review. Which was not as bad as I had feared. £50 more than I what I earn at the moment for a month is better than nothing, right? Gets a glimmer in her eye. That is at least four books from Waterstones...

Off I go to have a bath, take drugs, liberally mixed with whisky, and to pass out.

PS: All of this before my interview on Thursday with well known publishers. I am praying for my voice to at least be gone so I can sign at them in a creative way OR for me to find my voice again and all I have to do to convince them that I can do the job sounding like Vin D after he has gargled with turps, smoked fifty fags with no filters and shouted mercilessly at weak ninnies to keep up as he goes off to save the world.

No comments: