Sunday, May 21, 2006

Oh, how I laughed...


Reading Cheezy's blog about him retiring trusty old Rusty, his ancient Nokia, had me giggle. We too retired our respective but still quite posh and flash Nokias this past week, having upgraded to a new provider (Orange sucks ass) we got new phones. Small little flicky up things. Here is a picture of mine. I chose the pink as it so me (she laughs, with her sore chest and sore throat, sounding like Vin Diesel OD'ing on Jack Daniels and Texan plains)


Then, I thought I would go visit the Nokia website and go see further info on the little tiddler and almost died of a heart attack. This little phone, by no means the cutest or best one out there, is retailing for £229!!! Holy hell. That is a lot of money for sumat. Sumat which I am bound to scratch the hell out of and no doubt lose.

Okay, so, maybe I see if they have a secure goodie thing for me to store it in. Checks out the accessories section and honestly, this is what came up:

Yes, like those twatts out there who buy the "socks" for their iPods, Nokia has seen it fit to design this little cute "cover/baggie" for the phone, it even comes with beaded accessories to dangle off the phone. For £5.99. Fabulous. You can use your cover/baggie to clean both the camera lens AND the screen.

Shakes head. I don't understand this buying of "clothing" and accessories for items...my bag does not feel lonely without any adornments. In fact, it is just less junk for me to lose. My monstrous MP3 player is quite happy to get 'tude by being scuffed and thrown around said bag, I refuse to buy it a little nappy/condom to keep it safe.

But yes, there you go. If I were that way inclined, I could buy a little pink condom for my phone. Yippee! Fingler clicking, just like Tara and Paris. Tee-hee.

1 comment:

Cheezy said...

Yeah, I've heard Orange is crap for reception - is that right? So who are you with now? My last contract was with T-Mobile and I wouldn't recommend that either. (No reception at all in my local supermarket, which is obviously no good for receiving those last minute 'orders' for dinner!). I've moved back to Vodafone, which is pretty sound.