Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rodrigo y Gabriela


I happened across Rodrigo Y Gabriela via an email newsletter I have somehow managed to subscribe to - not that I can remember doing it - and the write up about their music intrigued me, which led me to investigate them via their website. And, if you believe in synchronicity, this will blow your hair back: I fell asleep infront of the tv the other night and woke up to a special on the duo! How freaky is that?
Needless to say, they were googled, their My Space website and their standalone website had been found. All I can say is: wow. Their music is fiery, full of passion, they are amazing artists and I love Gabriela as she is funny, fast talking and swears like a trooper. Go check them out. They are playing a gig in June here in London and I am pretty damn sure we will be going.
And what swayed me even more is the fact that they got the greatest gypsy violinist in the world, my personal hero - Roby Lakatos - to play on their new album. Well, what else can I say?
Viva Rodrigo y Gabriela!

No comments: