Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Breathless




Well, Friday the whole company's happy bunch of employees get to hear about bonusses and increases.

Personally I am terrified. The team didn't do well at all. We made money, but just scraped in with the targets. But we did lose two crucial chaps, i.e. head of the department...and a new regime is now in place and the news lads are fabulous - very much for the team, not so worried about the company as such, but looking after the team has become a priority...so there is hope of some kind of bonus at least. But nottt so much.
Deep within my secret soul, the place I don't really like to look, where the monsters lurk, I know that I will have to move my butt, by this time next year - new job, new sumat. Things are stagnating there, eventhough it's an "exciting period of growth and redevelopment" - I sometimes think its all just to baffle you with bullshit, a trick tactic the magicians of old used to use - watch this hand, watch this hand, so that I can slap and steal with the other one you're not watching.
Either way, whatever happens on Friday - even if it is a whopping £50 (it's been known to happen) it will go into the holiday fund towards our smashing holiday in Greece. It is looming closer and closer and I am smashingly pleased to announce that most of it has been paid off completely and all we have to do is book our car rental for driving around the Peloponesse. Yes, I should become an organisor of events of some sort, or a web designer or an artiste of some sort.
Yes, I am drivelling on about rubbish - I am tired, my head hurts and it's too late to make sense. Hold thumbs and toes for vast amounts of money so that pretty toys such as this can be bought! Before the rest goes safely into a savings account.

No comments: