Friday, April 11, 2008

Jersey Boys



I got free tickets to go and see The Jersey Boys show at the Prince Edward Theatre last night.

It has to quite simply be the most amazing show I have ever seen. The music is outstanding, the acting is excellent and the storyline cleverly told by the characters. It is a total onslaught of sound and vision and the stage is changed so rapidly and so effortlessly, that you hardly notice it and then suddenly(!)you’ve got a whole new set on the stage.

I must be the only person alive who loves the New Yorker and Jersey accents so I was thrilled by the fact that the stayed true to the broad style of the times.

Such an astounding show – the chap who sings and performs as Frankie Valli is one of the most talented singers I have ever heard (and he’s easy on the eyes too, which isn’t much of a trial). They play all the music live, there is footage from the actual band’s appearances on the American Band Stand…all in all, I’m gushing. I have a pounding headache and feel like I want to pass out this morning, but I am gushing. And smiling and singing (very very quietly) in my head.

No comments: