Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Strange Daze


Cross posted on both livejournal and myspace pages.

I can’t really begin to describe the strangeness of today.

I like writing, I like reading and today I have resolved quite a few things.

Things like: never take friends for granted, they surprise you every five minutes; be positive about your own creativite work; the world is an amazing place, be grateful for your part in it (I know, chick moment) as it is constantly changing, giving you different views on things; realise that your small little life you lead is what you make of it and by allowing others to glimpse some of that internal, if sometimes bizarre dialogue, you are probably doing yourself a favour because they get to see the real you.

I spent the day working on an assignment, chatting to Jamie via email, arranging to bake a butterfly birthday cake for a 2 year old in May and pondering my own writings - the working title of which is Heart Of Darkness. I spent some time mucking about with two pages of it, wrote a bit more and then decided to print it off and hand it to a colleague at work to read. I used to be shy about writing - admitting it was like admitting that you were addicted to drugs or booze - a totally guilty secret. I’ve gotten over it and now happily (for me) I chat to people about it and like to get imput on ideas and such (unhappily for them). So we wait to hear what Carla has to say if she remembers to read it tonight.

Strange old dreamy emotional day. It feels like I’ve come to this momentous decision - but I’m not entirely sure what its about. I am sure the Muse will wollop me over the head with it when she deems it necessary.

Off I pootle to double check the old assignment.

No comments: