Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lies to tell tourists

I fell off my chair laughing at this. The email is from the London Time Out newsletter and I just had to share this with anyone who has ever been stopped by a tourist and asked for directions or information. I am always a good girl, trying to help as much as I can, but these lines just bring out the wickedness.






Lies to tell tourists

“Oxford Street used to actually be in Oxford. It was dug up and moved to London after the West End was demolished in the Blitz”

“In keeping with the capital city's keen sense of history, haggling is standard practice in all of London's museum shops”

“Waterloo station was built on the site of the Battle of Waterloo. The spot where Napoleon was captured is commemorated by a plaque in the Upper Crust near platform ten”


“If you've enjoyed your tube journey, you can tip the driver. To get their attention pull the 'emergency' cord in each carriage”

No comments: